Emirates Marine Environmental Group (EMEG) is a non-profit organisation based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Established in 1996 under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and led by Major Ali Saqer Sultan Al Suwaidi.
The Emirates Marine Environmental Group mission is to preserve biodiversity in the United Arab Emirates by planting mangroves and by:
- Protecting endangered wildlife through conservation strategy
- Actively participating in endangered species conservation efforts
- Advancing scientific research through collaboration
- Promoting environmental education within the local community
- Conserving fragile ecosystems for future generations
The Jebel Ali Marine Reserve on the western border of Dubai is used as a base to develop and organize educational camps for schools, community members and corporate groups in an effort to increase awareness and understanding of regional environmental threats and issues.